Many phenomenal speakers presented at the 2012 BSPI Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona including Andy Ebon, speaking on Pinterest.
One of the benefits of Bridal Show Producers International membership is attending the annual BSPI Conference. Not only is it the biggest bridal show networking event of the year, here you will learn so much about the bridal show industry from leading bridal show producers and successful wedding vendors.
Andy is an in-demand marketing and motivational speaker, writer/author, and consultant. With industry experience of 2000 weddings, and three decades of hospitality and wedding marketing, BSPI is honored that Andy presented at the conference.
Andy explained why Pinterest is a great social media website for bridal show producers to start using if you haven’t done so already. Because Pinterest visually engages couples with their wedding-planning, this is one great way to promote your bridal shows and your exhibitors.
First, what is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a virtual pin board of images, videos, and other objects supplemented by description and links.
How do people use Pinterest?
Think of it as the best visual planner social media site available where people:
- Store images of things they dream of having
- Keep their thoughts and ideas organized
- Share their ideas with others
- Get inspiration for their careers or hobbies
As a bridal show producer, how will Pinterest benefit my shows? You should use it because it is tailor-made for brides, vendors, and show producers:
- Idea and image driven: mimics a bride’s inspiration board, in format
- Support your brand: showcase both your show and your exhibitors
- Large target audience: 400k users to 10 million in the last year
- Top two most popular pin board categories: fashion & desserts
- 2/12: Drove more traffic to retailers than LinkedIn, YouTube and Google, combined
- 3/12 Third most active social media site
How do I know if Pinterest is working?
- Customize your Google Analytics
- Pinreach: focuses on bringing insight and analytics. Provides a PinReach score, a numeric representation of a member’s Pinterest influence based on a series of social attributes.
- Pinpuff: aiming to accurately measure Pinterest user’s influence, reach and virality on Pinterest. Assigns a Pinfluence score—a measure of your popularity, influence and reach on Pinterest. It also decides monetary value of your pins & traffic your pins generate.
- Pinvolve: Turns your Facebook news feed into a Pinterest-style news feed essentially converting your Facebook page into a Pinterest pin board.
Thanks, Andy, for your “What’s Up with Pinterest” presentation. Hope to see you again at the next BSPI Conference.
Presented by Andy Ebon, Wedding University – Copyright 2012